Murat Yalçıntaş, a Member of Indeks Speaker Agency, has been one of the key names in both business world and politics for a long time. In addition to being the former President of Istanbul Chamber of Commerce, Mr. Yalçıntaş has served in various positions in many other agencies and institutions during his career. Yalçıntaş currently tutors for doctorate and post-graduate classes at the Commercial Sciences Faculty of Istanbul Commerce University. In addition to the books “Today’s Words From Yesterday to the Future” (Dünden Yarına Bugünün Sözleri), “I Want to Tell” (Bende Kalmasın) and “Building the Future in Hard Times” (Zor Zamanda Geleceği Kurmak), Yalçıntaş also has many articles published in national/international peer-reviewed journals. He gave speeches in many national and international conferences covering topics such as Global Food Crisis, Private Sector in Turkey, The New Role of Turkey in the Mediterranean, European Union – Turkey Relationships and “Economic Depression and the Ways Out.” Having gained many international perspectives from his experiences, Yalçıntaş conducted studies on operational aspects of international organizations, international trade, methods to be followed by companies, characteristics of countries, opportunities and threats during his entire career including his time as ITO President.
Yalçıntaş has been given 11 awards so far. These include Belgium/King Leopold II Order of Merit in 2012, France/Legion d`Honneur and Italy State Medal/Commendatore in 2010, Kyrgyzstan Presidential Academy/Honorary Professor and Istanbul Social Sciences High School, Economist of the Year Award in 2009, Istanbul Exporters Association, Honor Award for Export Service, TRUE European Magazine Honor Plaque and Istanbul Governor’s Office, Honor Award in 2008, Platinum Economics Magazine Social Responsibility Award, GAP Journalists Association, Association President of the Year Award and Politics Magazine Association President of the Year Award in 2006.
Yalçıntaş is a member of UCTEA Chamber of Mechanical Engineers, Independent Industrialists and Businessmen’s Association, Boğaziçi Executives Foundation, Boğazici University Reunion Association (BURA) and Saint Joseph Alumni Association, and also an active businessman taking part in social responsibility projects. Sports is also a very important aspect of his life. Having acted as the Vice-President of the Turkish Wushu Federation between 2007 and 2010, Yalçıntaş says, “I have experienced many positive changes in my life thanks to sports.” Yalçıntaş also explains how he has integrated sports into his business life in the events that he participates. Yalçıntaş is fluent in English, French, German and Arabic, and tutors for Strategic Management classes.
Yalçıntaş graduated from Istanbul Saint-Joseph High School in 1984; studied Mechanical Engineering at Boğaziçi University in 1988; and completed Business MBA at Boston & Vrije Universities in 1990. As soon as after his graduation from the university, Yalçıntaş started working as European Union Research Specialist in Brussels between 1989 and 1990, and as Project Head in Islamic Development Bank the next year. He completed his Product Management Ph.D at Istanbul University in 2007. Yalçıntaş is a Member of the AK Party Board of Founders and a Member of the Istanbul Commerce University Board of Trustees. Having acted as the Vice-President of the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey (TOBB) between 2009 and 2013, Yalçıntaş has been a Member of TUBITAK Entrepreneurship Program Advisory Board since 2013.
– Strategic Management
- SME strategies;which will be exist in the future and will be sustainable?
– Management and Strategy
- Managerial decisions for ensuring long-term existence of organizations and sustainable competition among companies
- Which management strategies to establish?
- How to implement and supervise the strategies in place?
– Game Theory
- How to make decisions in an environment with multiple decision-makers where decisions affect each other?
- The answer to the question of how to rationalize the decisions made by people, who take the behaviors of their peers into account in their daily and business lives.
– Being a Leader in the Mix of a Corporate and Social Identity
- Being a businessman, an academic and an executive
- Working hard and producing more while being sociable
– R&D, Transfer of Technology, Innovation
- Creation of the profile for the workforce needed in the industry
- Designing and implementation of vocational programs
- Studies on clustering
- Development Agencies and Organized Industrial Zones
– Talks with Youth,Education and Systems